When buying a puppy online, how to avoid scams!
By Pearl of www.Perfect-puppy.com
(A Christian Bible teacher, housewife, and mom to Japanese Shiba Inu puppies.)
*No doubt, scammers/middleman puppy sellers will hate us or spread lies about us for exposing their schemes, but Jesus knows our intentions are pure and we just wanted to protect our customers from dishonest scammers and middleman.
Nowadays people often buy puppies online just like buying things from reputable companies like Amazon/eBay. It is all about trust and reputation. Oftentimes, when you want to buy an Asian purebred puppy, it is not easy to find a purebred pretty one in your state since most Asian puppies in the US are mixed and not pure. (If you or your friend lived in Japan or Taiwan before, you know this is true!) Thus, when it comes to Asian breeds like the Japanese Shiba Inu and Japanese Spitz, many people choose to buy them from Japan or Taiwan (it is cheaper to buy from Taiwan due to the Taiwanese weaker currency)!
- Ask to see the seller’s online reviews or testimonials. This is an initial indicator of a good, honest, reputable puppy seller. (but not the only indicator!)
- Sometimes the seller’s online reviews can be faked or self-orchestrated, and sometimes a seller can pay someone to write a review for them on Yelp. So, ask for references and email addresses from the seller’s previous buyers. Email or call them to ask them questions on whether the puppies they bought from the seller are healthy, and whether the puppy they bought are free from congenital defects, bone problems.
- Remember, puppy pictures don’t grow old like puppies do! So, dishonest/scam sellers can use the same 5 pictures to get deposits from 25 customers! Always ask to do a LIVE video call thru LINE, WeChat, or WhatsApp so that you see the puppy live and ensure that the seller really does have the exact dog that you are trying to buy!
- If a seller claims that he/she is a home breeder and not a puppy mill/middleman, then ask to see pics or videos of the puppies drinking milk from their mothers, or playing with their mothers in a home environment.
- Make sure the seller doesn’t show you pics of a pretty puppy, then end up shipping you an ugly puppy after you pay for everything! This is very important! To avoid placing a deposit on a pretty puppy, then end up stuck with an ugly puppy from a dishonest and lying seller, do these:
- To ensure that the puppy your ordered online is the exact one that you will get, from the beginning arrange a video call and ask for the (ID) microchip number of the puppy you chose.
- After doing a video call with the seller to see the puppy live, ask for a video of the seller scanning the puppy’s microchip number and give you this number. Then, ask for weekly updates, pictures, and video. You must see the same exact microchip number until the puppy is ready for you to pick up and take home. This same number must be shown on the puppy’s paperwork as well.
- This microchip number ID is very important because it is the only way to ensure that a puppy seller will not switch puppies on you!
- Quite a few of our current customers told us that previously, they ordered a fair looking puppy from a seller/middleman in the San Jose, then they ended up with an ugly and skinny puppy from a puppy mill environment. Thus, they chose not to buy that ugly puppy, but are forced to lose their 300 USD deposit to the dishonest San Jose seller and wasted their precious time and money!
So, to avoid puppy scams, middleman, or puppy mills from showing you pictures of a pretty puppy, then switch puppy on you and ship you an ugly/sick/skinny puppy instead; we earnestly recommend that you ask for the puppy’s microchip number from the very beginning, and a video of the seller scanning the puppy’s microchip number.
*No doubt, scammers/middleman puppy sellers will hate us or spread lies about us for exposing their schemes, but our intentions are pure and we just wanted to protect our customers from dishonest scammers and middleman. God knows our hearts and our recent customers know how honest, kind, caring, and professional we are.
Dear friends, if you are a sincere puppy lover, and want to warn your dear friends from being lied to and scammed by dishonest/evil puppy sellers, scam artists, puppy middleman, or puppy mills, then please forward this article to your family, friends and other puppy lovers. Speaking the truth in love,
Perfect-puppy.com – About us, and our story
Perfect-puppy.com – Reviews
perfect-puppy.com – Our Customers
perfect-puppy.com – What is the buying process for a puppy?
When buying a puppy online, how to avoid scams!
Comparison pics of pretty/ugly Shiba Inu puppies
perfect-puppy.com – Puppy care tips